Sunday, December 4, 2011

Detective Dan: The Brownie Paradox.

CHAPTER 1:(Prologue)
  
    It happened in the waning hours of my summer vacation. The events that unfolded opened my eyes to the evil that was always around me that I never excepted. Who in their right mind could do such a thing? It was the weekend that changed my life. The weekend my brownies were taken from me...

CHAPTER 1: So it begins...

Saturday 8:00 am  

    Hi my name is Dan. Detective Dan that is, I’m what you call a big deal my parents always tell me I’m their “special boy”. I am 8 years old and the smartest kid in my town. I’m not into those games will the balls, too confusing too much going on. I’m into mysteries and puzzles, I’ve always been good at finding stuff. This one time my older brother Chris missed placed this thing called a “strap jock”, to me it was just underwear, but he said it was important. Anyway I found it in the dogs bed, he was so relieved and my parents told me I was the best. Like I said I’m kinda the man. Well today is the Saturday before I go into 4th grade and my summer has been kinda boring up to now I’ve just reading my detective 101 books and THE GREATEST DETECTIVE IN THE WORLD... SHERLOCK HOLMES!!! My idol he is what I want to be when I grow up, be all dectectivey.
  
    So what makes the end of summer soooooo awesome is the fact that my mom makes her special back to school brownies for me and my brother. They are a triple chocolate chip mountain of deliciousness. She told us that it is a super secret recipe that has been past down in our family for decades and that it is the greatest brownie recipe the world will never now. That will give you just a sense on how fantastic these brownies are. We as a family have never lost a single bake sale competition. and today is the day that my five senses will be throughly indulged.

CHAPTER 2: The Clouds Darken...

Saturday 10:00ish am

    “Mom can I go to the park”, I yelled into the kitchen.

    “Sure honey just be back for lunch I have special surprise for you cooling in the window for when you get back.”

     I already know what the surprise is of course... the brownies. The reason for my existence. I was born to eat those brownies that and solve the mysterious of the playground. So I dashed up the stairs to grab my note pad, my magnify glass, and the truth source of my detective power my hat. All great detectives have there hats like Sherlock Holmes, that Nancy Drew lady my mom likes to read about even Scooby-Doo wears a hat sometimes. All great detectives wear hats. So I walk out to solve the problems of the neighborhood.

     Little did I know at that very moment that there was an unfathomable evil creeping across the lawn towards my open window and to the glory that lay inside.

CHAPTER 3: The Park
Saturday 10:30 am

    The Playground... nothing compares to the type of shenanigans that go on here. It is the definition of corruption, social disarray, and tyranny that knows no bounds. It is ruled by the Middle Schoolers luckily I am on their good side because I solve all there problems like missing kick balls to stolen pokemon cards. I’m the neighborhoods problem solver.
  
    Matty is 5th grader and the supreme ruler of the park, it is said that he once stole the lunch money from two 6th graders at the same time and he was only in third grade!! I’m on friendly terms, luckily, with him because I found his dog when it went missing . Actually it was sitting in my backyard because my family and I were having a barbeque.

    “Hi Matty, how’s it hanging?” I said to Matt as he was swing across the monkey bars.

    “Detective Dan... Not so good I’ve lost my dads favorite pen.” said Matty in a not so friendly tone.

    “Well Matty did you check your pocket...”

    “WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM STUPID!,” Matt screamed, rummaging through his pockets “Of course I checked my.... oh”

    “What were you saying Matt?” I asked.

    “Uhh... nothing I found the pen.” Matty said, as his cheeks reddened.

    “Uh huh... So I heard that you needed my help finding...” just then their was a cry that pierced the air that gave me those alien bumps on my arm.

     “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! DANNNNNNNNNN!”, it was my mom?!. What set of lungs she had my house is a half mile away so the fact that I heard her so vividly is a miracle in itself. So I rushed home in a daze pondering if I had done anything recently to make her wrath fall upon me. Not thinking of anything I doubled my pace home.

    Once at home I saw, an image that will be burned into my brain for the rest of my life. The tray of the most delicious brownies known to man were. GONE!!!

(Hope you enjoyed there is a lot more to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment